The importance of local talk radio

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 21:42:40 EST 2008

I remember Jack Peterson at WLLH circa 1965 when I got a GE AM-FM for Christmas.

I was told years ago by Dick Booth (Donna is he still on planet?)that
WLLH-FM and the success of WORL going Top 40 made RKO General take the
plunge with WRKO-FM which then paved the way for WNAC to flip to WRKO.

WLLH-FM (simulcast) sounded to this 15 year old as good as WMEX.
Summer of 65 WORL also sounded good and broke new music quicker than
WMEX or WBZ. I don't know if Ken Carter owned WORL yet but as soon as
WRK0 came along they became WRYT.

One WORL jock I remember was Ron Rayburn who was quite good but I
never heard him again.