somehow at 7 AM it doesn't seem right

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Mar 23 13:58:29 EDT 2008

Kevin Vahey wrote:
> Amazing what we take for granted now. The feed from Japan sounded as
> good as if they were at Fenway.
>
> I will never understand why Entercom doesn't put the Sox on WWKB at
> night as it would fill up most holes in the network at night and
> somebody might actually listen to 1520.
>
> They would have at least one loyal listerner in Rochester.

Funny thing about 1520 - it's often much more listenable at night in,
say, Springfield or Worcester than it is here in Rochester. We're right
at the not-so-sweet spot where KB's considerable groundwave interacts
with short skywave (~ 75 miles), and it's often a messy hash at night.

My personal quest has been to get Entercom to put the Sox on its little
1 kW teapot here in town, WROC 950, which runs an automated progressive
talk lineup similar to KB's, with similarly nonexistent ratings.

Walk around our ballpark here on a nice summer evening and you'll see
just as many Red Sox hats and T-shirts (if not more, sometimes) than
Yankees...yet the Yankees get massive radio, TV and newspaper coverage
here and we Sox fans have to settle for table scraps and WTIC
skywave...sigh...