WMUR

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Thu Mar 20 19:39:19 EDT 2008

>>Richard Eaton wound up with the station and he was a frugal owner to put it mildly.<<

When I first went to work for WGIR back in the late 1970s I was told that Eaton would not spring for a proper color transmitting setup.  The reason their color pictures were so awful was that he was sending a color signal through an exciter designed for monochrome.  Almost the instant Eaton sold the station, the new owners installed the proper equipment and their picture finally looked right.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF/WEEI/WEEI-FM/WKAF/WMKK/WRKO/WVEI/WVEI-FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040
P: 617-779-5369
F: 617-779-5379