The clout of Bruce Bradley

kvahey@comcast.net kvahey@comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 19:02:18 EST 2008

In the summer of 1966 I visited Jeff Kaye one night at the glorious
barn that WKBW called home. He wasn't going to tell a 16 year old all
the details but his contract was simply not renewed. He did tell me he
was hired by WPRO in Providence where Jeff had roots. Then Cap Cities
offered him more money and management by going to WKBW. I remember he
freely told his BZ listeners he would be in Buffalo the next week.

BZ played hardball with announcers in those days. 2 years later they
let Bob Kennedy go because he hired an agent. Kennedy was heartbroken
to leave Boston and after a short period in LA became very popular in
Chicago. He was all set to host what is now Good Morning America when
cancer claimed him.