WEEI 103.3FM

paulconnors@earthlink.net paulconnors@earthlink.net
Wed Jan 23 20:44:24 EST 2008

Nick,

I was did mornings there beginning Valentine's Day 1983.  The date of the
switch was March 9, 1983 (it became official at midnight) - and if I ever
forget the date I can look at my souvenir logo cocktail glasses on my bar
downstairs!  The guy you heard was Doug Alling, who did afternoons.

I don't remember what company did the Hitradio WEEI-FM jingle package.  It
was a good one.  The top-of-the-hour jingle was a fun "talk-up"!  If it
still exists, the package might be found at WODS - Hitradio's descendent.

I remember that they had us stop using the call letters on-air (except for
legal IDs) around the beginning of January in anticipation of the call
letter change.  We'd say "Hitradio 103FM" and all jingles with the call
letters were dropped then as well.

I don't have copies of the package, just lots of airchecks of me on the air
during my time there twenty-five years ago.  Contact me off-list if you'd
like me to send you a couple.

Paul Connors

working on my demo when I came across some old station id's from the old
Hit Radio WEEI FM in Boston. I decided to make a top hour ID using these,
and added it to my demo. At the end of this top hour ID, I found (luckily)
a clip of a man named Doug Gahling (may be misspelled) doing a Top Hour ID
at 5PM on March 8th 1982. That evening at midnight, they changed their call
letters to WHTT.
> My question is, does anyone know the company that made that jingle
package that they were using that final evening on March 8th? And also
where those old ids and jingles might be being stored right now? I would be
very interested in getting a copy of some of those jingles, and maybe even
more airchecks as well.