WKPE goes country

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Dec 26 13:43:47 EST 2008

Well maybe some of the cuts are pop crossovers (Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" for example) and
some may like it. Perhaps an odd fit for the Cape but who knows. Wasn't 101.1 country for a time?

As for advertisers, I'm reminded of the first episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" where we find out
that some of the old sponsors are still around after the format change to rock: Venus Flytrap tells his listeners to get down;
"together we will growl and HOWL..."

(switches to a more mainstream radio voice)

"--right after
this message from Shady Hills Rest Home." :)