TV Memories - Pre-wired 300 ohm homes circa 1960

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Tue Dec 23 13:47:58 EST 2008

The apartment I lived in from 1978 to 1986 in Acton, MA had a 300 ohm
connection on the wall, but I took off the wall plate to discover that there
was 75 ohm cable running thru the walls, and a resistive matching network on
the back of the wall plate.  When I removed the resistors and put in a
75-300 transformer my reception improved quite a bit.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH