NewsCenter 5 Sunday night

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Mon Dec 8 00:45:28 EST 2008

At 12:11 AM 12/8/2008, Gary wrote:
>Not sure what was up with NewsCenter 5 at 11 tonight...but kept switching
>from standard to HD and during Mike Wankum's weather preview we got to watch
>a closeup of Ed Harding sit down in his chair with his tongue
>hanging out......as he fixed himself in his chair....

I saw that.  It was amusing.  (Never assume the mike is off, never
assume the camera isn't on you!)  But I gotta tell you many weekend
newscasts are like that-- maybe it's because they have the "weekend
warriors" running the equipment, but I see really jaw-dropping
mistakes on 5 and on 4, and even occasionally on 7.  Lack of training
of the weekend staff?  Equipment glitches?  Who knows?