Channel 50DT (35RF) Derry NH Update

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 21:06:22 EST 2008

Friday night I noticed that channel 50 DT WZMY "almost" came in on my DTV converter.  Without any tweaking, I got a signal of 23 out of 100. The best previous signal with considerable tweaking was about 10, and rare.

I thought it might be conditions, but my DTV reception on other channels was about the same.

I talked with one of my acquaintance at church this morning and he was pleased to say that he just started receving channel 50DT on his rabbit ears in downtown Derry.

Not a perfect signal, some pixelation, but at least a watchable signal.  So I'm speculating the WZMY has been doing some transmitter/site work.

I'm thinking that if I take a little time away from the ham radio and do some TV antenna tweaking, I'll having a fighting chance now to get channel 50 in it's city of licnese!

John B
Derry NH