What will the Boston television frequencies be after February

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sat Dec 6 13:10:36 EST 2008

Kevin Vahey wrote:
> It just occurred to me that there may be a lot of confusion after the
> switch with viewers that have already programmed their tuners.
>
> My set like many has an auto program function to find both analog and
> digital signals. I have to assume I will have to do that again after
> the switch to remap the tuner.
>
> Average person with a TV will not know this.

At least in my market (where two of five stations will be changing
channels on transition day), there will be a massive media blitz
reminding people to rescan when they wake up on 2/18/09.

We've mentioned this in our WXXI DTV shows, but it would be pointless to
try to hammer people with it now...we'll remind them again when it gets
closer. (And we're not even changing channels!)