Re3: This can't be true..but it would not shock me

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Thu Dec 4 13:56:45 EST 2008

I would agree with this point but it really all comes down to ratings and
results for clients and advertisers.
At a rumored $40K, Reece on the Radio was a pretty good bargain. He seemed
to get quality calls and there were ads on whenever I listened.
But will Schilling produce the same results while being paid handsomely
more?
Or, why isn't he on 'EEI, in a network slot, playing on all the stations?
That would seem to be a bigger play both for air content, quality, and
advertiser results.

Best,
Tony Schinella
Politizine.com: Random musings about politics, music, the media and modern
times. Since 2002.
OurConcord.com: News and analysis for and about Concord, N.H.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Dan.Strassberg
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 1:51 PM
To: Bob Nelson; Robert F. Sutherland; boston-radio-interest; Donna Halper
Subject: Re: Re3: This can't be true..but it would not shock me

On the other hand, someone's NOT being a celebrity doesn't guarantee
that he can do a good talk show either. I wouldn't call Jeff Santos a
celebrity--except in his own mind, and I would put his show in the
same category as you put Franken's. Some people are likely to say that
Franken's show was better than Santos's', while others would call
Franken's show worse. But I think that virtually everybody who had a
chance to hear both shows would agree that both were/are pretty bad.
Franken did have the advantage of national distribution, which helped
to get him some good guests, of whom he often asked some good
questions, albeit usually in a most uninteresting way.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367