Red Auerbach, RIP

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Oct 28 22:24:22 EDT 2006

I grew up as a Celtics fan, back when Tommy Heinsohn, "Jungle Jim"
Loscutoff, and Bob Cousy were active players, and Johnny Most did the
play by play.  The team practiced at the Hecht House in Dorchester,
where I was allegedly attending Sunday School, and I would sneak out
of class to watch the Celtics.  And I recall watching Red, with his
ever-present cigar, coaching practices as intensely as if they were
real games.  To him, every game was a real game.  Red Auerbach has
passed away at the age of 89.