HD Radio Boston Area

John Mullaney john@minutemancomm.com
Fri Oct 13 14:26:25 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Aaron Read
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 1:27 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org; kenwvt@gmail.com
Subject: re: HD Radio Boston Area

A great example is the Pru - try listening to each Pru station's IBOC signal
and you'll notice that not all them "come in" as good.  Which shouldn't be
the case...they all use the same damn antenna!  So why's that difference
there?

Actually they are not all on the same antenna. WBCN, WZLX, and Kiss108 are
all using separate single bay antennas. These antennas are on the corner
tower and have been in place as back up antennas since the original master
went up. WMJX I don't believe is using their single bay for HD but I think
along with the other Greater Media PRU stations is using the second Master
antenna mounted below the original. This would be WMJX, WBOS, WROR and WTKK.