Bye Bye Boston's Progressive Talk?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Nov 28 19:48:24 EST 2006

Somebody whom I trust says that Clear Channel is pulling the plug on
the progressive format in Boston on Friday, no matter what Air
America does as far as finding a buyer. (Btw, whether the format had
ratings in Boston, it certainly has ratings in
Springfield/Northampton since WHMP starting doing it full-time on 2
stations... here in Boston, I couldn't hear WXKS or WKOX well at all
on the South Shore, 7 miles from Boston.)  Anybody heard anything
about a format change, and if so, would the progressive format end up
on some other area station?