Changing frequencies - changing transmitters? Power?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Fri Nov 17 16:00:35 EST 2006

Only if 100 watts is "quite a bit higher".  It's true that WCRB-FM's
current authorized ERP is 8100 watts, but the longtime-antenna they used
blew off in a huge storm a year ago this past October.  I'm not sure
where their antenna is now.  There's a two-bay FM antenna on one leg of
the tower, and an antenna near the top of the mast that looks like the
petals of a flower.  In any event, it would probably behoove Greater
Media to install a new radiating element the way they did with WKLB-FM
a couple of years ago to get the most from their "close-in" purchase.

--

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com