Spring Arbs Shockers

Cohasset / Hippisley cohasset@frontiernet.net
Fri May 26 21:14:45 EDT 2006

Bob Nelson wrote:
> Doug Drown wrote:
>>> Ask any kid nowadays whether
> he/she listens to AM.  They barely know what AM is.
>
> Except for the Red Sox games on WEEI--and even then, they're on FM in
> Gloucester,
> Cape Cod, etc.

Yes, my son learned all about AM DXing over the past four years or so
from trying to find Red Sox games on the clock radio by his bed.  (Up
here in the Adirondacks, WTIC has been the most consistent source, but
there have been  many nights when propagation vagaries forced him to
search for alternate frequencies.)

Recently he received a portable XM radio and subscription as a gift, so
I suspect his AM DXing days are over -- at least for now.   But when I
talk about "selective fade" he knows what I'm referring to....

Bud Hippisley