WCRB-TV

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Wed May 17 20:24:55 EDT 2006

"Here's an even more off-the-wall thought. Charles River Broadcasting
acquires Channel 62 and continues classical programming as WCRB-TV.

If that happens, they should invest in an analog multiplex stereo . . ."

The idea is really intriguing, but my question is --- excuse my
ignorance --- just what would they broadcast?  Are there enough tapes of
recorded concerts and recitals to fill a day-in, day-out, 24/7/365 schedule?
To my knowledge, the classical music world doesn't have anything comparable
to music videos a la MTV or VH1 . . . at least not much.  And telecasting
live concerts ain't cheap.

-Doug