Fw: MetroWest signal strengths (from V-soft Web site)

John Francini francini@mac.com
Fri May 5 18:17:07 EDT 2006

These pretty much bear out my own experience when I lived in the
western edge of Wellesley from 1986-96, and when I go down there to
visit relatives.  In the daytime, WRKO is OK, WEEI comes in like
gangbusters, WBZ is also OK

At night, WRKO disappeared into the weeds (which was a pain in the
butt when the Celtics were first on the station and they were doing
their historic run of championship seasons in the late 80s), while
WEEI is still quite listenable.

I looked up WEEI's day and night strength up here in Nashua on the
V-soft site. It claims 1.67 mV/m daytime, 1.47 mV/m nighttime.  If
they're so close, why does WEEI disappear so badly at night?

As for using nonproportional fonts, can't you tell Outlook Distress
to use Courier New?  That's a fine non-proportional font on the
Windows side.

John Francini

--
----