Boston radio coverage of Pres. Ford's death

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Dec 28 01:06:32 EST 2006

On 27 Dec 2006 at 11:09, Bob Nelson wrote:

> btw Ford's press secretary Ron Nessen hosted Saturday Night Live
> once and, via either film or videotape, they got Gerald Ford to say
> "Live From New York It's Saturday Night!".

He also said, "I'm Gerald R. Ford, and you're not!"

Given the way they were portraying him, I thought Ford was an
incredibly good sport to allow his press secretary to guest host and
to participate himself.  In general, even though I frequently
disagreed with his policies, I always thought Ford was a good and
honorable man.  Choosing him for Vice President may have been Nixon's
greatest decision.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581