Boston radio coverage of Pres. Ford's death

Steve Ordinetz hykker@grolen.com
Wed Dec 27 09:21:45 EST 2006

Did any of the music stations do anything?  I'd guess not...I recall when
Ike died (1969?) WRKO dropped all contesting for a day, went to a more
subdued presentation & seemed to focus on the more AC-ish stuff on the
current chart.  A little different situation though...WRKO's audience at
the time likely had at least some memory of Ike's presidency, where to
anyone under 40 today Ford was only someone they read about in history
class.  I feel old.