99.5 WCRB in Boston? Hardly

Don A. Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 15:10:31 EDT 2006

> On Tue, August 1, 2006 14:35, Don A. wrote:
>
> > 3.) Dealing with the Jones trust in as neat a way as possible.  (WCRB
will
> > now *continues* to program classical music in Boston as the trust
> > stipulates, since Nassau bought the intellectual rights, etc......it's
> > simply now on 99.5.)
>
> Except 99.5 FM in Boston proper is non-existent on run-of-the-mill radios
> (and I'm sure most high-end receivers too).  It gets wiped out by the
> stations from the top of the Pru.
>
> 102.5, even though it had an antenna outside of the city, did put a solid
> signal into Boston.  Enough to be able to tune it in on a Walkman.
>
> If you can't hear it on a Walkman's tuner....I'm sorry, it's not there.

Let's not "diss" the 99.5 signal too badly....

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WKLB&service=FM&status=L&hours=U

It was competitive as WSSH-99.5...

It is competitive as WKLB-99.5...

Classical officianados will find it...

Although a low-power repeater...quality online stream......and a deal to
rebroadcast them on HD on a Boston stick (96.9 HD-2 which is classical now)
would be some good options/alternatives.

(BTW...Since Smythe controls Gr. Media...making a deal to rebroadcast the
station on 96.9 HD-2 might be plausible.)