WBUR HD2, put the student station (WTBU) on the HD2 (was Re: WBUR on HD ???)

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 1 11:35:03 EDT 2006

>Here's a thought. Put the carrier current (leaky coax
>FM) student run WTBU on the HD2 channel.  [...]

Nice thought, but I don't see it happening.  I suspect 'BUR would
rather find some way of getting more underwriting revenue through
the HD2 channel.  Even if they didn't come up with something anytime
soon, putting 'TBU on there just to have something there wouldn't
be a kind thing to do once 'BUR comes up with a more lucrative
use for the HD2 channel, and then has to boot 'TBU off.

Besides, WTBU has an Internet stream available via their website.
That's almost certainly a better way to get listeners (especially
student listeners) than an HD2 channel would be at this point...

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu