could someone explain this to me?

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Sun May 29 14:59:55 EDT 2005

Partial transcript of comments from the September 13, 2001 telecast of the
700 Club

JERRY FALWELL: And I agree totally with you that the Lord has protected us
so wonderfully these 225 years. And since 1812, this is the first time that
we've been attacked on our soil and by far the worst results. And I fear, as
Donald Rumsfeld, the Secretary of Defense, said yesterday, that this is only
the beginning. And with biological warfare available to these monsters --
the Husseins, the Bin Ladens, the Arafats -- what we saw on Tuesday, as
terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact -- if, in fact -- God
continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us
probably what we deserve.

PAT ROBERTSON: Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the
antechamber to terror. We haven't even begun to see what they can do to the
major population.

JERRY FALWELL: The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well yes.

JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing
God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God
out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to
bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we
destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe
that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and
the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle,
the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to
secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped
this happen."

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted
that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're
responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top
people, of course, is the court system..

JERRY FALWELL: Pat, did you notice yesterday the ACLU and all the
Christ-haters, People For the American Way, NOW, etc. were totally
disregarded by the Democrats and the Republicans in both houses of Congress
as they went out on the steps and called out on to God in prayer and sang
"God Bless America" and said "let the ACLU be hanged". In other words, when
the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing
to do is what we ought to be doing all the time - calling upon God. ~~~

PAT ROBERTSON: > Amen

Best,
Anthony Schinella
News Director/A&E Host at WKXL 1450
Celebrating Concord, N.H. & the Capital Region
with thoughtful community radio
http://www.wkxl1450.com
http://politizine.blogspot.com