WRKO: Newsweek Off Air

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Mon May 16 20:58:15 EDT 2005

Daniel Billings wrote:

> I agree with Donna on this one.  Reporters get things wrong from time
> to time.  They made a mistake here but they didn't kill anyone.
>
> I do not think the U.S. press should be worrying about how nutcases
> react to what they write.

I agree that there's bad precedent set when messing with the Fourth
Estate.  As for Newsweek's bad reportage not killing anyone, I guess
we'll never know; if I had my name on that story, however, it wouldn't
easy sleeping nights for some time to come.  Blowing a story like this
plays into the hands of those who believe that the press is spending
more resources on begging to be relevant than in telling us what they see.

Bill O'Neill