Jess Cain ...

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Aug 28 21:47:36 EDT 2005

At 08:49 PM 8/28/2005 -0400, radiotony wrote:
>I worked with Jess' son Chris at Copy Cop in downtown Boston and he was a
>total jerk.

Alas, not everyone with famous parents manages to survive the experience
unscathed.  Some kids of famous parents end up trying to act like they are
really important, or they over-compensate for the famous mom or dad never
being there for them when they were growing up.  Then, there are others who
avoid the limelight or act like just average, normal people.  It's a truism
that fame affects people differently-- for example, I can name you some
rock groups I worked with when I was on the air who were totally down to
earth and not conceited at all; and then there were those who acted like
even talking to you was doing you SUCH a favour and you oughta be
grateful.  We've also seen people on TV who seem so wonderful and warm and
loving, and then you meet them in person and they are rude, nasty and
insolent.  I am told on very good authority that Jerry Lewis, charitable
and compassionate person that he is every year on the telethon, hates
journalists and is a very moody guy besides.  Now, whether you think
journalists are wonderful or whether you think they are scum, they are
still just trying to do their job, but some performers can't help but be
nasty to them.  And then the camera or the mike is on, and that same person
is just sooooo sweet.  Go figure...