WKOX goes back to Spanish

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Fri Aug 19 16:55:06 EDT 2005

The language was Portuguese not Spanish.  I too happened on to
the 'Iberian' lingo on WKOX;  I listened for a few minutes to
discern whether there'd be a station ID for WKOX and some slogan
or announcement.  Indeed, there WAS a station ID, but for WSRO-AM
650.  I quickly (Fingers Fortescue has nothing on me) toggled
between 650 and 1200 and the programming WAS identical.  But minutes
later an over-programmed PSA came on, followed by Ed Schultz
(this was about 4:30 pm today) so it was probably some kind of
glitch.  Doesn't WSRO transmit from Ashland...how could this
have happened?