Boston Globe / Living / Arts / As GM, her job is to pump up sports talk and hard rock

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 11:52:15 EST 2004

--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
> Since
> she is only asked to write these columns on a
> sporadic basis, and since
> there isn't a lot of commitment from the Globe to
> make it a regular beat,
> she has difficulty keeping up with it.

OK, understood! I also know about the various
cutbacks the Globe has had to make over the years,
which is why, for example, Paul Szep was let go
(he turns up sometimes doing cartoons for the Herald
these days).

 On the other
> hand, why not drop
> Clea a note and make your corrections-- she won't
> mind, I assure you.

How about if some of us email her and ask her,
or whomever's in charge of the TV Week radio listings,
to please note that WBOQ is not classical, and has
not been since 2000! :) I will, for one.

By the way, I don't usually listen to him, but I
know Jay Severin of WTKK has taken more than a few
potshots at Clea as well as at Dan Kennedy of
the Boston Phoenix for articles they've written on
him. Jay took exception to a Simon column about him
with started, "Jay Severin isn't a racist, he
says". Kennedy, by the way, is part of a regular
feature called "Mess with the Press", I believe,
which runs Fridays at 9 am on Pat Whitley's
show (WRKO). (As I work nights, I slept till
11 am this morning so I missed it, drat... :) )

Wonder if Simon (or the Herald's Dean Johnson) might
be an interesting guest on "Let's Talk About Radio"?