Maine Public Radio fundraising

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sun Apr 4 17:57:44 EDT 2004

Maine Public Radio did one of its on-air beg-a-thon last week.  It was
apparent thing weren't going well on Thursday morning when they weren't
close to half way to their goals for pledges or money.  As a result, the
fundraising breaks just got longer and longer.  I was in the car on Thursday
afternoon and they did a fundraising pitch that went from 5:20 until 5:45.
Whenever I tuned in on Friday, they were begging.

Is this tactic typical or just a result of obvious shortfalls in
fundraising?

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine