Translating coordinates to actual places

madprof madprof@ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 4 00:32:06 EST 2004

Topozone, the web site of USGS maps, is what I've had very good luck with.
www.topozone.com
top page shows "view maps" , click on that,  it opens a page allowing
several forms of input, including dd mm ss.
Some plot do appear off, due to past inaccuracies in USGS maps  (GPS
updates are yet to come); many USGS maps are still last updated in the 70's.
For low volume users, it is free.

Another (probably no longer available) was Precision Mapping 2.0,
based on the Census Bureau "Tiger" data base..... not a web site, but a CD
pgm one loads into one's PC.    I bought it in 1995, when it was Just
Softworks, Inc,
since has been bought out by www.chicagomap.com.   I know the Tiger database
has been updated since then, but never saw an update to Precision Mapping.

And, as Scott said, DeLorme's Street Atlas USA.
Delorme's Map & Go is no help; does not deal with coordinates.

Bob / Madprof