Dick Summer's comments

>  >As relayed to bri newsgroup by Kevin Vahey, Dick
> Summer wrote:
>  What a surprise...after all these years. I didn't
> write "one hen", and I'm not
> sure who did. I took it from an old 45rpm record. It
>
> was just fun. I'm amazed
> that anyone who can still fog a mirror would
> remember
> me. That was almost
> forty years ago !
> <snip>

    I don't have a mirror handy, but I think I'm still
breathing:). Of course, I was 11 years old when I got
my first transistor radio in 1963 and discovered WBZ.
To this day, I struggle with my nightowlish waking and
sleeping habits that got started when I discovered
radio listening.

   From hanging out at this newsgroup and just talking
with friends from time to time, I can tell you I'm not
the only one. The Boston region is filled with people
who got a great deal of entertainment from your
Nightlight program, and Bruce Bradley, and the whacky
Jeff Kaye and all the rest.

    From 40 years later, those days of personality top
40 radio just look all the better compared to the much
more limited latitude that the DJs in today's formats
(for the most part) have to inject the personal touch
and their own personalities into what they do.

   Best wishes.