Re: WOTW 900 // WGAW 1340

Jibguy said in an off-list e-mail:
>       The two towns have NOTHING in common.   Its just that the
>       ownership of
> the 2 stations is the same.  Gardner is about 50 miles from Nashua.
> No one  has known what to do with that Gardner station for the past 30
> years, so it  only gets simulcasted with some other station.... ANY
> other station.

I know 1340 has been an albatross around the neck of its owners for the
past couple decades. I don't understand the simulcasting partnership,
though. A couple years ago, 1340 flipped from simulcasting WSRO to
simulcasting WEIM (1280 Fitchburg). Granted, there was some signal overlap
there (in fact there was discussion on-list about that very issue, I seem
to recall) but Fitchburg and Gardner make a much better tandem than Nashua
and Gardner. When did 1340 stop //1280?