Re: Public Radio (was: Fwd: Talk Radio (was LTAR)

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:07:40 -0400 "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
writes:
> Dan Billings:
>  The actual programming is, in
> >theory, supported by other funds but the $2.5 million
> >that Maine Public Broadcasting gets from the state is
> >their largest single source of funds.  Maine voters
> >also approved a bond issue to help fund the conversion
> >to digital TV.

I recall years ago that NHPTV had a daily newscast, not unlike the ones
on commercial TV today.  IIRC they did a series of stories that were
critical of Gov Mel Thompson and/or his policies and POOF....funding from
the state dried up and the newscast was gone!
The newscast has not returned although they are making an effort with a
magazine type show, I think it's called NH Outlook.
df