WBOQ Carried Metropolitan Opera Feed Tuesday Night (But No Local Telecast)

PBS scheduled the last of this season's telecasts of Metropolitan Opera
performances for last night (06/11) at 9:00 pm.  Channel 2 didn't pick it
up then, but will run the performance of Verdi's "Nabucco" Saturday night, June 15th.
Chevron/Texaco offered stations of the Metropolitan Opera Radio Network
the opportunity to carry it at the PBS feed time, which WBOQ-FM 104.9 in
Gloucester did;  WHRB passed.  I suspect that stations that opted to
carry the audio feed perhaps picked up a few dollars, and WBOQ was
probably eager to get ANY revenue these days.  I don't know whether
WBOQ promoted the broadcast in any way, so I suspect that many of the
listeners to WBOQ's regular programming (and how many of them are there?)
were probably shocked to hear a full-scale opera on a weekday night!

Laurence Glavin

WIN a first class trip to Hawaii.  Live like the King of Rock and Roll
on the big Island. Enter Now!
http://r.lycos.com/r/sagel_mail/http://www.elvis.lycos.com/sweepstakes