Fred Lowery, MBS....

I had been checking the papers shortly after hearing about his passing..
..looking for his obit.....since he had an interesting career.  But
never saw anything.

Does anyone know where his obit is online?

Also, I had heard his death mentioned on NBC Radio News (RIP).  They
mentioned he died in Maine at the age of 57.  Since MBS was based in
Washington, I wondered if he had 'retired' back to Maine...  Or maybe he
was ill for a long time...and wanted to be back in Maine at his passing.
 Does anyone know?

I remember him on Mutual 20 years ago duuring King's start.  Musta went
to the network in his mid to late 30's!

On another note....since we're talking about MBS and the death of both
Fred Lowery (and the death of MBS!)...  I was listening to WEVD
overnight, when they carry the "World Web New Network"...which is the
present incarnation of UPI audio carried by the TalkAmerica Network.

I heard "Robert Burns" anchoring the newscast.  I remember him from MBS
as well!

BM

- -------- REPLY, Original message follows --------

- -------- REPLY, End of original message --------