No Subject

Subject: Disney/ABC and Boston.

Besides the rumors that Disney/ABC may buy WEEI and WRKO, I think they might
 make a move to buy other Boston properties.

I believe they might make a run at all the CBS stations being spun-off in
 the ARS merger (WEGQ and WAAF), and might also make a run at WNFT and
 WPZE.

In fact, I personally think that they'll go on a buying spree, and by the
 time it's over, WCVB-TV (channel 5) will also end up under the Disney/ABC
 umbrella. Then, Disney/ABC will probably build a new building next to
 WCVB-TV's studios in Needham to house their radio properties.

Boston is the largest market in which Disney/ABC does NOT have an "O & O"
 television station, which is why I think besides the radio, Disney/ABC
 will make a bid to buy Channel 5.

Although some in this newsgroup speculate that WEGQ might be spun-off to
 Heftel (which would provide a Spanish-language FM to the area), I
 would think that CBS would prefer spinning-off all the ARS stations in
 town they have to spin-off to one buyer. (Of course, Disney/ABC could
 then turn-around and sell-off one or more of their new acquisitions)

Look for the spinning-off to occur much sooner rather than later.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>