Re: Tammy Wynette

Dan Billings wrote:
> Don & Mike (carried locally on WZAN) played the Blues Brothers version of
> "Stand by Your Man" as a tribute today.  It was very fitting for their
show.
> My favorite version of the song was of course the Lyle Lovett version.
WXRV(92.5)a/k/a"The River"played Lyle Lovett's version today.I did not hear
it personally,this was from a co-worker who listens daily to them.she heard
it on her way in to work.I would also expect that WKLB's"Sunday Morning
Country Oldies"will have some kind of Tammy Wynette tribute on this
Sunday's show,which airs from 8AM-12 Noon.Although I didn't listen to WKLB
today,I would venture to guess they played some of Tammy's hits during the
course of the day.Saw her 2 years ago at Indian Ranch in Webster,MA.She was
not in the best of health that day,in fact just a couple of days after that
show she was hospitalized,but she did mention early on in the show that she
was not up to par and apologized for that,but did put on a good show
despite her health problems.The crowd did give her a standing ovation when
she took the stage and again when she ended the show.

Mark Watson